Frequently Asked Questions
I just received my CJ’s Original BUTTer®. It seems kind of separated and grainy, unlike others I’ve received. What’s wrong and can I fix it?
There is nothing wrong with your BUTTer.
Since CJ's don’t add any kind of stabiliser to their formulation and all the products are natural, the BUTTer will sometimes need a little more TLC than we are accustomed to in commercial products with all the ingredients you can’t pronounce!
Shea butter will sometimes become grainy due to the heat during transit in the summer or because of temperature fluctuations. It’s not a problem, unless you don’t like it. If you’d prefer your BUTTer to be creamy, just remove the cap and microwave it for about 45-60 seconds (standing up in a microwave-safe cup if it’s a tube). Then replace the cap and shake the bottle well or stir well if it’s a jar or tub. Then, place it in the freezer to re-harden and it should be smooth and creamy again.
Melting the BUTTer melts the crystals in the shea butter and cooling it quickly in the freezer keeps the crystals from reforming.
What are the ingredients in CJ’s BUTTer® products?
The only ingredients in the original BUTTer are shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, lanolin, beeswax, cocoa butter, Vitamin E (derived from soy), and gluten-free colloidal oatmeal.
The CJ's BUTTer® Stick has the same ingredients, except there is no lanolin and the proportions are different.
The BUTTer PLUS formula, comes unscented and contains no lanolin or oatmeal and includes sesame and neem oils which have skin protection, healing and antifungal properties.
The spritz spray contains coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and vitamin E. Again, the spritz PLUS includes sesame and neem oils in addition to the previous ingredients.
All fragrances are phlalate free.
We do recommend that you:
- Check that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients in any of the products. Speak to your doctor if you have any concerns or if you’re not sure.
- If you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies, visit your doctor or a clinical dermatologist before using new products.
- If you have an allergic reaction to a any of our products, stop using the product immediately and seek medical advice.
My scented BUTTer doesn’t have much of a smell. What should I do?
Try warming it up for about 45-60 seconds in the microwave and give it a stir. That will bring the scent back out. It probably just settled. Then freeze it so it will not get grainy. When it thaws it will be creamy and yummy smelling.
Is CJ’s BUTTer completely cloth nappy-safe? Even when used with synthetic fibres? Do I need to use a liner?
Yes!! CJ’s BUTTer is completely cloth nappy safe. No liner needed. It will not cause repelling OR staining and washes out easily with hot water and detergent/soap.
There is only a very small amount of lanolin in the formula and it melts away easily in the wash.
My child (or dog) just ate some CJ’s BUTTer. Should I be concerned?
CJ’s BUTTer® is edible (although it doesn’t taste that nice) and is made with food-grade ingredients. If a large amount is ingested, you may notice a slight laxative effect when it reaches the large intestine, but unless your child (or dog) is allergic to one of the ingredients, you shouldn't notice any adverse reactions.
If your child or dog does ingest it and you are concerned, you must consult your doctor.
How can I find out about sales, specials and discounts?
“Like” us on our FaceBook page or Google+ Page, or check out our list of retailers. There’s usually a sale going on somewhere!
Can I use CJ’s BUTTer as a nipple cream while breastfeeding?
Yes. CJ’s BUTTer is edible and it is a fantastic nipple cream.
How can CJ's BUTTer® PLUS be used to help with cradle cap?
Apply the PLUS liberally and massage gently. Re-apply as needed, especially immediately following bathing as traditional shampoos can often increase drying.
Do you ship Overseas?
Yes, but we are not permitted to ship to Europe or Canada (as Cjs Butter has exclusive distributors in those areas). If you live in those areas, you will need to purchase from one of those distributors and if you mistakenly order through our website, your order will be refunded in full.
Which CJ's Product should I use?
That depends on what you need. Here is a brief description of each type of CJ's product:
- CJ's BUTTer - Pots, Tubs, sample pots and Tubes - these items all contain CJ's BUTTer (the original formula). See the ingredients listed above. The Pots and Tubs are great for getting large quantities (and are better value given their size) and the squeeze tubes are great for putting in your nappy bag or handbag and stop 'double dipping'.
- CJ's BUTTer - Sticks - these are fantastic for using on the go and are a great 'hands free' option. Just twist to get some out and then roll it on! These are very popular for use on babies. There is no lanolin in this product.
- CJ's BUTTer - Spritz Spray - this is another 'hands free' option for CJ's BUTTer. Spray a little where you need and away you go. These are also great for hotter climates (or leaving in the car) as it doesnt melt (it is a thinner consistency than the original forumla). It contains coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and vitamin E.
- CJ's BUTTer - Plus formula - it comes unscented and contains no lanolin or oatmeal and includes sesame and neem oils which have skin protection, healing and antifungal properties. It comes in a sprtiz spay, a tub, a sample tub or a squeeze tube.
- CJ's Carcass Cleaner - this is a moisturising base wash and is mixed with a natural soap to provide a truly amazing cleanser. It is used by many as a hand soap, face wash, cloth nappy wipes solution, or overall body wash, it gently cleanses and moisturises at the same time. To use as a cloth nappy wipes solution, squirt a few sprays into a spray bottle and fill with water.
The rest is pretty self-explanatory but dont hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
How do I become a retailer of CJ's products?
We are always looking for new retailers to sell the fantastic CJ’s products in Australia and New Zealand.
Please contact us to express your interest, and we'll send you more information. As a minimum we will require that our resellers either have live websites or a bricks and mortar store and have an ABN (if reselling in Australia). At this time, we are not offering wholesale accounts to Facebook businesses.